Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Story

All right.

I like to doodle around with stories and cool things.

So I am going to write a little story about stuff I like to write about.

Here is a medium sized story of something that I am going to make up.

All right.

I am going to check your oxygen sir.

All right.

When can I leave?

Whenever your chest X-Ray comes back.

All right.

If IT IS GOOD.

If everything looks all right, and you don't have any spots on there, than you can leave.

All right.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Your oxygen saturations are only 86%.

I'm going to put you on some oxygen.

WHAT????????????????????????????????????????????

I am not breathing well?

Well, your breathing fine, BUT you just need a little bit of extra oxygen.

All right.

i am going to put these things in your nose.

WELL, I don't call that my nose.

OOPSY.

Sorry.

I stuck it on your eye.

Sorry about that.

All right.

Please be careful though.

All right.

THIS IS A SON OF A GUN UNCOMFORTABLE.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please get this out.

I'm sorry, but we can't.

WHY?

Because your oxygen is low, and we need to get it back up.

AHHHH.

Get these out.

I don't want to make you lose anymore oxygen so I am going to keep your oxygen on.

All right.

AT LEAST UNTIL your oxygen comes up.

All right.

I guess that's all right.

A few minutes later.

I need to turn your oxygen up to 2 LPM.

Your sats are only 82%.

PLEASE TURN THE BEEPING OFF>
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

That is just the pulse ox.

A WHAT?

The thing on your finger.

It measures your oxygen levels in your blood.
All right.

I see.

It is VERY UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THESE THINGS IN MY NOSE.

I am sorry.

A few minutes later.

Swich him to a Non-rebreather mask.

All right.

He's in the 70s.

ALL RIGHT.

A few minutes later.

Your Chest X-Ray is good, but your sats are very low, so I am going to have to keep you in overnight to do some tests.

All right.

What kind of tests.

I will be doing an ABG.

Arterial Blood gas.

That is where I will stick a big needle in your artery, and take some arterial blood out.

I will then test it, and see if your gases in the blood are VERY HIGH, or messed up.

All right.

About 6:00 that night.

All right.

PLEASE TAKE THIS I.V. out.

Its getting on my last nerve.

I'm sorry, but we can't do that.

WHY NOOOOOOOT?

Because you need to be given fluids.

All right.

I am going to do the blood gas test now.

All right.

Several seconds later.

All right.

You are going to feel a big stick.
All right.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Sorry.

WHAT WAS THAT FOR?

I just had to get some blood out.

A few minutes later.

The blood gasses are normal.

The co2 is a little bit out of whack, but I am going to just keep him on the oxygen, and tomorrow if he is all right, than I will do another ABG, and a CBC.

And if those are good, than he can go home.

All right.

7:30 that night.

All right.

Something is creepy here.

His sats are now 78%, and he's on 100% oxygen.

I'm affraid there is only ONE MORE THING WE CAN DO.

What?????????

Sir?

We're going to have to put you on a ventilator.

WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I AM NOT GONNA LET YOU PUT A TUBE DOWN MY THROAT.

I'm sorry, but I need to get your sats up, or you could die.

All right.

A few minutes later.

So, I will numb your throat, and then I will be inserting the endotracheal tube down.

All right.

Your sats are getting lower by the Minute.

All right.

I'm going to give you something to relax you.

All right.

I will put it in your IV NOW.

All right.

A few seconds later.

Bag him.

His sats are dropping.

30 seconds later.

All right.

I am going to insert the tube.

All right.

10 seconds later.

I can't see.

GIVE ME SOME SUCTION.

All right.

20 seconds later.

YIKES.

Saturations?

80 and dropping.

BAG HIM.

ALL RIGHT.

One minute later.

I'm inserting the tube.

All right.

I'm in.

BAG HIM.

I'll pressurize the vent.

All right.

His blood oxygen saturations are coming up.

THAT IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few minutes later.

YES!

I am so happy.

The sats are now 100%.

All right.

Let's get him to the ICU.

All right.

That's just a bit of a story a series of hundreds that I like to fiddle around with.

Well, have a good day.

God bless.

LOTS OF LOVE FROM PETER.

No comments: