Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hello.

My name is Peter Johann Pachelbel, and I am a tender hearted young man, who cares a LOT about people. All of us are equal in the eyes og God, and he loves us the same. No matter what we have in common. I was born with something called a byladeral cleft pallate, and I have gone through MANY surgeries. I have a problem with my right nostril. I can't breathe through my right side, because a bone blocks it, and my brain comes down to the tip of my upper part of my nose, so the Doctors are trying to debate weather they want to fix it, because they don't want to risk damaging my brain. I have to use several pieces of equipment like a suction machine, a aerosol compresser, and a nebulizer, that I use to help break up secretions. I have LOTS of sinus trouble, because I cannot breathe through my right side, so when my left side gets stopped up, I am in a lot of trouble because i have to breathe through my mouth, and when I have my breathing trouble in my mouth, like when my asthma acts up, I have to really struggle to breathe. I don't have the cillia in my nose, the (Hair like particles that help keep the nose moist and clean, so when I get a sinus infection, the bacteria is able to get in there easier. Sence I can't breathe through my right side, I have to get the junkies out with a machine called a suction machine. It is a machine where I use a small catheter to get the stuff out. It can be kind of grose, but I have to use it. I use the mist aerosol compresser to keep my airways moist. It connects to a long flexible blue tube, that goes to a trap that collects water and then the moist air goes up through another tube that goes into a mask, and into my airways. This is what they use on trach patients that have tokeep their airways moist, because the tracheostomy site bypasses the humidification aspect of the airways.



I am visually impared. I can see 4 out of 20. I was born with microopthalmia, and with glaucoma. But a very kind and gifted Doctor by the name of Dr. Abel was able to go into my right eye, and fix that. He made a pupil. The left eye was not salvagable, because the eye was too small. I have to use several pieces of equipment to help me read, that (Talks to me), and things that help me braille with a machine so I can read. I read with my fingers and the braille consists of dots. The braille cell consists of six dots. Each dot makes a symble or a letter. A group of those dots on a paper makes letters, words senences. I can read really quickly, and I can see print, but not as well as most people. I have a machine that magnifies the letters, and pictures so I can read them better.

I don't let my blindness get me down. I still pursue my life, and will NEVER let anything stop me. I play the piano very well, and a few people say i set the piano on fire, but I just say in the reply, "Go get the water hose than." hahahahahahahahaha. Seriously, I A A STRONG MAN. I can do ANYTHING IF I PUT MY MIND TO IT. ANYTHING. I am a very tallanted man, and am writing this all by myself. I can type up to 100 words per minute. I can play pieces on the piano like the Pachelbel's Canon, the piece Minuet in G Minor by J.S. Bach, a little bit of the Prelude in C Major by J.S. Bach Book I from the Well Tempered Clavier, a Minuet in C Minor by J.S. Bach, from the ANH Bach notebook a Minuet in G Major, by J.S. Bach, a bit of Fur Elise, and a few other pieces. I love the Minuet in G Minor. Its my favorite piece, because its so soothing. When I hear it, I feel myself out on a sommer night, walking, and I can see green flashing lights in front of me. There is a LONG story behind the Minuet, but I will get to that later.



I love medical equipment. I have to use a lot of it, and I have had to spend most of my life around it. Because my parents take special needs children, so they have had to use lots of medical equipment. I have helped with the care of them. I remember when i was first getting the interest in the equipment, I was learning how the suction machine worked. I had a doll that I named Sweet pye, and I would pretend she was sick, and needed to be suctioned out a lot. I put her on oxygen, would check her oxygen, and was CONTINUOUSLY getting into stuff I wasn't suppose to. I would always be in the pulse oximeter, the suction machine, the apnea monitor, the nebulizers, etc. I can't tell you how many times I hav had to hear, "Peter?What are you doing with the suction machine?" I am suctioning my little baby out." She needs to be suctioned. I think I need to put her on some oxygen, because her sats are 82%, and I don't wanna have her going into Respiratory Arrest, and me having to bag her and intubate her. Oh no. That would be BAD. Peter? Please leave the suction machine alone. Its NOT A TOY. But I wanna have it. NOOOOOOO. Leave it alone. A few days later. I do it again. I just want to let you know, that I have been through a lot, but when people say that, and say, "Peter You're a fighter, I say, Listen." " I have had an easy life. There have been people who have been through A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN I HAVE. Sure Ihave to carey a suction machine around with me when I go on long trips, but some children have to carey an apnea monitor, a ventilator, a suction machine, an oxygen cylender, a sim's adapter, vent tubing, mist collars, trach care supplies, and other things. I only have to carey a few things like my portable machine that helps mewrite.

So, complain I DO NOT.

I just say, "Well, I have a very nice life, and Jesus Christ died for me on the cross, so I have a BIG THING to be happy about.

I am tryng to do research on a disorder known as Tay-Sachs disease, which is a disorder, in which an extra gene is present, and it stops the production of an enzyme, that is vital in breaking down GM2 Gangliocides. When these build up in the body, they damage the cells and the child sadly ALWAYS dies between the ages of three and five years of age. I am hurt by this disorder, and hate it when I see or hear of children who have it. I mean, This disorder is very sad. Because the chld loses the ability to sit up, to roll over, to move, to hear to se, to swallow, and to breathe. I've always wondered how these poor children feel in a bed all hooked up not able to do anything. I mean, itsheatbreaking to think of it. Please help in research, and hlp us find the CURE FOR THIS DISORDER.

Thank you for all the support you have given me.

I look forward to posting my blog updates everyday.\
GOD BLESS

No comments: